8350 North Central Expressway
Dallas, Texas 75206
After nearly 30 years with Haynes and Boone, Robert McCulloch Joined Cherry Petersen Landry Albert (CPLA) in September 2014.
In his role with CPLA, Mr. McCulloch provides clients with experienced, timely and efficient legal representation, enabling clients to obtain big-firm experience on a cost effective basis. Robert believes a transactional attorney should seek to recognize each side's important objectives and work toward a timely and practical resolution issues posed by a transaction, while avoiding the delay, costs and hard feelings sometimes associated with protracted disputes over inconsequential items.
During his nearly 30 year tenure with Haynes and Boone in Dallas, Mr. McCulloch served in various management and administrative roles, including chairing the firm's management committee and real estate practice.
Robert's areas of experience include acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, construction matters and real estate finance. His clients have included domestic and international investors, financial institutions, retailers, developers, owners, landlords and tenants.
Mr. McCulloch is a graduate of Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. He has been married to his wife Charleen for more than 45 years, the father of three adult children and the proud grandfather of seven grandchildren.
In addition to his law practice, Robert is active in Dallas civic affairs and sits on a number of charitable boards and investment committees.
- Real Estate Finance
- Leasing & Construction
- Board of Trustees, Dallas Theological Seminary (Chair 2006-2009)
- Board of Trustees, Dallas Seminary Foundation (Chair 2016-Present)
- Trustee, Park Cities Presbyterian Church Foundation
- Board of Directors, Momentous Institute
- Salesmanship Club of Dallas, Inc.
- Dallas Bar Association (Real Estate Section)
- More than 30 years of service in representing the interests of a prominent Dallas family in a wide array of transactions and controversies.
- Representation of a well-known national retailer in acquiring and developing shopping centers throughout Texas.
- Representation of German investors in acquiring shopping centers and office properties throughout the United States.
- Representation of Canadian investors and developers in acquiring and developing properties in Texas.
- Representation of major U.S. financial institutions in construction loan transactions in Texas.
- Representation of a major U.S. financial institution in lease of headquarters facilities and in purchase and lease of branch banking facilities as part of its expansion into the Texas market.
- Representation of a large Dallas-based financial institution in negotiation of its headquarters lease as the initial occupant of a to-be-developed office building.
- Representation of entrepreneurial investors in real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
- Representation of numerous landlords and tenants in office, retail and industrial lease negotiations.